January 2022 COVID Protocals
Dec 29, 2021
30-Day Revisions in Covid-19 Protocols
The Church Council met by ZOOM on December 26 to discuss the highly contagious omicron variant of the Covid-19 virus and the recent spike in diagnoses and hospitalizations. A decision was made to strengthen and revise protocols for the month of January, at the end of which the protocols will be evaluated.
- Holy Communion will not be offered during worship in the month of January to lessen removal of masks and movement. Anyone who would like to arrange private communion at the church or at home should contact Pastor Jean.
- There will be no congregational singing in January; humming is an option. Worship leaders may sing when behind screens or are wearing masks and are distanced from the congregation.
- Masks will continue to be required in the building; disposable protective masks (available at all entrances) or KN95 masks are recommended.
- Social distancing between people from different households will continue; in the sanctuary, six feet of distance will be maintained in the pews. In other locations, meeting leaders are asked to set up the space so that distance is maintained.
- Due to the necessity of removing masks, there will continue to be no Kinship Café. Also, it is requested that there be no eating and drinking by groups meeting in the church in January.