Mitzvah Days, June 3 & 4, 2023
Jun 03, 2023
Many from our congregation joined other Akron Area Congregations and Organizations in 2 Days of Caring for the Community in the following ways:
- Joined residents in early memory care in Bingo! Volunteers handed out prizes and played Bingo along with residents.
- Provided a brown bag lunch or dinner and delivered them for those at the Haven of Rest.
- Packing and sorting food at Akron-Canton Foodbank
- Battered Women’s Shelter – Clean up and light gardening at the Hope and Healing Survivor Resource Center
- Participated in the Advocacy Meeting – The Impact of Gun Violence in the Community & What You Can Do About it: They learned more about how gun violence personally impacts the daily lives of survivors, and actions you can take to prevent gun violence and create safer towns.
- Additionally, as a Mitzvah Day project we provided a special Loads of Faith ministry at Laundry Time Laundromat in North Hill